top of page


There will be no quarantine imposed on your pet when entering Canada as long as the following requirements are met. Unless otherwise stated, the regulations below apply to domestic dogs, cats and ferrets including service and emotional support dogs and cats.

Your dog or cat will need either proof of current rabies vaccination (EU Pet Passport is accepted) OR a health certificate in English or French and completed by a licensed veterinarian.

A valid rabies vaccination certificate issued, in either English or French, by a licensed veterinarian from the country of origin. (EU Pet Passport is accepted.) There is no waiting period after the vaccination is administered. Canada does recognize the three year rabies vaccination. Please note that if a validity date does not appear on the certificate, then it will be considered a one year vaccine.

Dogs and cats entering Canada that are over 3 months of age will need a rabies certificate.

Due to the problems with puppy mills and the movement of puppies, Canada is very sensitive to dogs entering the country under eight (8) months of age and will assume that, if you, as the owner of your dog, are not traveling with your dog or its papers are not in your name, it will most likely be considered a commercial shipment by customs and be subject to a microchip, health certificate issued within 48 hours of entry, and possibly an import permit** from the local CFIA office. 

For any uncertainty you may have, please contact Jet Pet.

bottom of page